Friday, September 28, 2012

Mango Pudding

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups mango nectar
  • 3/4 cup skim milk
  • 4 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 large mango, diced and divided
  • 1 Tbsp fresh mint leaves
Makes 4 Servings
  1. Pour nectar into a medium saucepan; place over medium heat.
  2. Meanwhile, place milk and cornstarch in a medium-size mixing bowl; stir to combine and slowly pour into mango nectar, stirring continuously. Increase heat to medium-high and continue stirring until thick, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir half of mango into mixture; pour pudding into four 1/2-cup custard cups. Refrigerate pudding for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
  3. Combine remaining mango with mint and spoon over chilled pudding. Yields about 1/2 cup pudding and 1 tablespoon of fresh mango per serving
WW POINTS VALUE: 5 pts

Note: This recipe appears on www.weightwatchers.com. I had made homemade pudding in the past and I really enjoyed it. It was chocolate pudding and I was looking forward to making fruit pudding. This pudding was a disappointment. I love the flavors of mango but it didn't comeout the yway I had hoped even though I love mango. I tried it with guava but it didn't turn out well either flavors. It was probably the cornstarch that killed it. Normally, I love Weight Watchers recipes but this one was a miss for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment