Sunday, September 20, 2009

Breakfast for dinner again? Of Course! Fruit-Filled Crepes with Brown Sugar Sour Cream

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup light sour cream (or cottage or ricotta cheese)
  • 2 tbsp packed dark brown sugar
  • 12 starwberries hulled and halved
  • 6-8 oz. mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, rasberries)
  • 2 tbsp orange juice
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 4 (9-inch) ready-to-use crepes
  • a pinch of cinnamon

Serves 4

  1. Combine the sour cream and 1 tbsp of the brown sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
  2. Combine the strawberries, mixed berries, orange juice, lemon juice and the remaining 1 tbsp brown sugar in a medium nonstick skilletand set over high heat. Cook until berries are slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
  3. Place 1 crepe on each of the four plates. Spoon 1/2 cup of the fruit mixture down the center of each crepe. Fold one edge of the crepe over the filling, then fold into the two opposite sides. Roll the crepe up jelly-roll style to enclose the filling. Top evenly with the remaining fruit mixture and 1 tbsp of the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with a touch of cinnamon and enjoy!

Note: This recipe appears in the WW in 20 Minutes Cookbook. I've been dying to cook crepes for a long time and it was quite a fun challenge! I made my crepes before I made this crepe recipe. I used the Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Crepe Mix and a crepe maker to make my crepes. The sour cream looked questionable so I used cottage cheese instead. The brown sugar and cottage cheese topped with cinnamon was so delicious. I highly recommend making the crepes ahead of time and storing them when you have nothing to do because it can be time consuming. More Crepe recipes coming soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment