Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rasberry Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
  • 1/4 cup raspberry spreadable fruit
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
Makes 8 Servings
WW POINTS VALUE: 0 per serving (1 1/2 tbsp)

In a food processor or blender, puree the raspberries. Push the puree through a strainer, discarding the seeds; return the puree to the food processor. Add the spreadable fruit, honey and vanilla; puree again.
Note: This recipe appears in the WW New Complete Cookbook. I made this dessert sauce for my crepes and it was so delicious. You can use any kind of berry for this sauce. I used strawberries and blackberry spreadable fruit and it was SOO delicious. I also highly recommend using this sauce on top of frozen yogurt, ice cream or sorbet-especially vanilla, peach and chocolate flavors. I had this sauce on my Double Chocolate Sorbet last night and earlier today and it was to die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment