Monday, March 21, 2011

White Wine Butter Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 3/4 cup white wine
  • 2 tsp  crushed black peppercorns
  • 4 tbsp butter or fat-free margarine
  • Pinch of red pepper flakes
  • 2 tsp flour
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp capers
Makes 1 Cup

 
WW POINTS VALUE: Who knows?

Place the cream or half-and-half  and garlic in a small nonreactive saucepan. Bring to a boil and gently boil until reduced to 1/2 cup. Set aside. Meanwhile, in another nonreactive saucepan, boil the wine and peppercorns until the wine is reduced to about 1 1/2 tbsp. Whisk in the cream, and then, tablespoon by tablespoon, the butter. Stir in the lemon juice and flour to make the the sauce thicker. Season with a pinch of red pepper flakes, if desired, and salt. Add capers to the sauce before serving. Either drizzle over food or place along side the dish.
 
Note: This recipe appears in The New Legal Seafoods Cookbook. I was hungry and craving fish and I didn't want to make a complicated dish. I had just returned from vacation and I was so inspired by this delicious fish dish I had at an Italian restaurant. I had this Grouper Vicatta and I wanted to recreate this dish in my own way and this sauce looked like it came close. I added some ingredients tomake this sauce thick and it was delicious. I added the lemon and capers for more flavor and flour to thicken the sauce. This sauce is heavenly and can be served over chicken, fish, rice, vegetables and even pasta. If you have any sauce leftover, I highly recommend serving it over pasta and vegetables and it's so heavenly delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment