Sunday, October 21, 2012

Grilled Canadian Bacon

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound Canadian bacon, cut into 1/4-inch slices
  • 1/4 cup sugar-free apricot preserves
  • 1/4 tsp mustard powder
Makes 4 Servings
  1. Preheat the broiler.
  2. Place the bacon on a broiler rack 3 inches from the heat and cook for 4 mintues.
  3. In a small bowl, combine the preserves and mustard. Turn the bacon and brish with the preserve mixture. Broil for 4 minutes longer, or until bacon is well-done.
     
WW POINTS VALUE: 3 pts
 
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Cookbook. Last night, I wasn't terribly hungry and I had bacon and eggs. I have come to love bacon but I didn't know how to cook it well. I always cooked bacon in the microwave so I wouldn't have to clean up all the grease. I decided to broil it with some flavor and it was SO delicious! It didn't burn, it wasn't too crispy and it was just perfect/ I loved the taste of the bacon with the preserves and dry mustard because they gave the bacon some tang and flavor. This bacon can be made in 10 miunutes to make it crispy and delicious. Plus, there are less than 5 ingredients in this side dish so 5-ingredient queen will be very impressed that you made this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment