Saturday, July 14, 2012

Chocolate-Cinnamon Quesadillas

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate, grated or chopped
  • 1 Tbsp granulated sugar  
  • 2 large wheat flour tortillas, (6 inches)
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon        
  • 1 tsp confectioners' sugar                                               
Makes 2 Servings
  1. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of chocolate, 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon over half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half to cover ingredients.
  2. Set quesadillas in a dry skillet and cook over medium heat until speckled with brown spots on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of powdered sugar; serve.
WW POINTS VALUE: 5 pts (1 quesadilla per serving)

Note: This recipe appears on www.weightwatchers.com. As always, I was having a sweet tooth craving and this recipe looked too good to pass up. This dessert reminded me of this wonderful chocolate shop in Playa del Carmen, Mexico called La Casa de Chocolate because the owner was Belgian and knew how to make the best chocolate desserts in the Yucatan Peninsula. I always think of Mexico whenever I combine cinnamon and chocolate because they are some of the guiltiest pleasures on Earth. Even though the directions say cook the quesadillas in a dry skillet, I highly recommend spraying the pan with butter or margarine for a more melt-in-your-mouth bite. I also highly recommend serving vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt to even make it guiltier but it could effect the point value. I would highly recommend serving this dessert if your dinner guests include Claire Robinson (because it's an easy 5-Ingredient fix), Iron Chefs Bobby Flay and Jose Garces, Aron Sanchez and Rick Bayless (because they are some of the MASTERS of Latin Cooking). Iron Chef Flay, I still want to challenge you to a Tailgating Throwdown at Boston College. I know you have a busy schedule but I guess you're too much of a coward to even show up at BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment